Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Any Treasures Teachers Out There???

 If you are a Treasures Teacher, you might enjoy this little tool I made.  There are so many elements in the Treasures series that you have to take into account when you are planning.  There's the story, the theme, the genre, the comprehension strategies and skills, the phonics skill, vocabulary strategies, and the grammar skill.  When planning, this can be a bit overwhelming especially when you are trying to locate them all in the TE.  Why they didn't include a guide somewhere is beyond me, so I did it myself.   The outline is made made to go along with the 3rd grade series.  If you like it,  but teach another grade, I can make it for other grades too!  It's for sale in my TPT store for only $3!




If you like it, you might also like the Treasures Weekly Skills Bundle I have for sale.  These sheets include all of the things listed above, but also have the spelling words and vocabulary words and definitions listed. They are listed in a "parent friendly" format.  The sheets are not fancy because they are used to update my website each week...just copy and paste!  If you do a newsletter, it would work for that too.  My parents love having access to the weekly skills.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    I love your blog! I am a Treasures teacher but I teach 1st Grade, but your outline looks great, sure wish I could use it! I just wanted to be the first to support/follow you on your blog! I am new to blogging as well and have just launched my blog today:

    http://msjonesjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kelly. I am also a 3rd grade Treasures teacher and am entering my fourth year teaching! This is my second career and I absolutely LOVE it! I don't consider it work! I am so excited about the opportunity to collaborate with other 3rd grade Treasures teachers such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great resource!

    ReplyDelete